The Drafting program prepares graduates for the career field of drafting through instruction in the use of industry recognized drafting technologies. The content for this program is developed with support from an industry advisory committee to allow students the opportunity to gain work force entry-level skills.
Graduates of the drafting program or certificate will learn a wide range of skills and gain industry specific experience in:
- graphic designs using AutoCAD’s hatch patterns.
- Revit modeling systems and techniques.
- working drawings, assembling drawings and material lists associated with industrial graphics.
- technical skills to communicate architectural ideas
- constructing 3D solid models using the 3D workspace and viewports.
- extracting two-dimensional objects into 3D solid models.
- preparing residential and commercial site plans.
- CAD-BIM methodologies and skills for commercial and residential drawings.
- gathering on-site information and applying that information directly to drawings.