Blackboard provides online teaching capabilities to our traditional and online users. It is the engine behind AWC Online and it enables our faculty and staff to deliver online content to the end user anytime or anywhere there is a high speed internet access.
The Blackboard Learning System provides users with a platform for communication and sharing content.
- Announcements: Professors and teachers may post announcements for students to read. These can be found under the announcement tab, or can be made to pop-up when a student accesses Blackboard.
- Chat: This function allows those students who are online to chat in real time with other students in their class section.
- Discussions: This feature allows students and professors to create a discussion thread and reply to ones already created.
- Mail: Blackboard mail allows students and teachers to send mail to one another. This feature supports mass emailing to students in a course.
- Course content: This feature allows teachers to post articles, assignments, videos etc.
- Calendar: Teachers can use this function to post due dates for assignments and tests.
- Learning modules: This feature is often used for strictly online classes. It allows professors to post different lessons for students to access.
- Assessments: This tab allows teachers to post quizzes and exams and allows students to access them via the internet
- Assignments: This features allows assignments to be posted and students to submit assignments online
- Grade Book: Teachers and professors may post grades on Blackboard for students to view.
- Media Library: Videos and other media may be posted under this function.