Pay Tuition and Fees
After you have registered for classes, your next step is to pay the tuition and any fees for the upcoming semester.
- All financial obligations are due and payable at the time they are incurred if the payment due date for a given term has passed. If payment in full is not received by the stated deadlines, you may be de-registered from your classes. Random administrative de-registrations occur at the discretion of the College through the end of the official drop/add period. Payment for any courses not dropped prior to the end of the official drop/add period will be the student’s responsibility.
- The college accepts no responsibility for dropping you from the specific classes you intended not to take. It is your responsibility to officially drop a class during the official add/drop period of any semester or class, if you decide not to attend. Officially dropping will ensure that you will not be charged for classes that you do not attend.
Methods of Payment
Forms of payment include cash, Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover® Card, money order, or check.
- Make checks and money orders payable to Arizona Western College.
- Important — Write your AWC student ID number in the bottom left-hand corner of your check or money order.
- Please do not send cash in the mail.
- United States legal tender is the only currency acceptable for payment.
- Bank drafts, checks and/or money orders drawn on United States financial institutions are accepted contingent upon clearance through our banking facilities.
Please submit payments to :
ARIZONA WESTERN COLLEGE
Attn: Accounts Receivable
P O Box 929
Yuma, AZ 85366
Students may also pay online through by credit card (Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover®Card, or American Express®) or electronic check on Self Service Financial Planning. Once you’ve logged in, click on the Student Finance, then "Make A Payment".
Need help setting up a Payment Plan? Follow the Payment Plan Tutorial!
Payment arrangements may be made online through Self Service. Use our Payment Plan Tutorial or the following steps. Once you’ve logged in, select the "Student Finance" link, which will display the account activity. Then select on the "Payment Plan" menu link under Student Finance breadcrumb list at the top of page. Next choose the button titled "Proceed to Processor" which will open in a new browser window or tab. Payment plans made through the AWC Payment Plan allow the college to make adjustments (i.e., increases and decreases) to your agreement and payment amounts according to NACHA guidelines. Students will be responsible for any additional costs incurred after the initial payment plan is completed.
Active Duty military personnel may be eligible for tuition assistance programs. Please contact your branch Education Officer for additional information on available programs. The college requires that an official authorized Tuition Assistance Voucher be submitted on or before the day of registration. Failure to either submit an approved voucher or full payment may result in de-registration of classes. Any overpayment made by the student will be refunded to the student upon receipt of the approved Tuition Assistance Voucher.
Residence Hall Charges
Students who plan to live in the residence hall are required to pay for their room and board before they are allowed to check in. Students must be registered for a minimum of 12 credit hours to be eligible. A deposit of $100.00 and proof of immunizations are required before a room will be assigned.
Past Due Student Accounts
Once the account has been deemed “uncollectible” (typically after reaching 120 days past due) the account will be turned over to the College’s collection agency or any other private or government agency/program needed to collect the debt.
The Arizona Western College Barnes and Noble Bookstore provides a wide range of academic as well as personal necessities. In addition to new, used, rental textbooks,and e-books, students will find gifts, clothing, school supplies, snack food and other general merchandise with the official college logo. Significant educational computer software discounts are offered to students. The textbook reservation program is in place through the store website for those students that would like to reserve their textbooks early. Special orders can also be placed at the bookstore.
Store Manager: Chad Will
Phone: (928) 344-7583
Fax: (928) 344-7713
Hours of Operation: (during Fall & Spring semester)
Monday - Thursday 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Extended hours offered the first two weeks of each semester.
Used textbooks are bought year round.
Approved and registered Federal Financial Aid recipients, who are eligible to receive the Pell Grant only, will have a bookstore credit authorization automatically available to purchase textbooks and other supplies at the AWC Bookstore during the designated time frame. Bookstore vouchers are only available during the fall and spring semesters. Please refer to the above schedule for availability dates. Voucher amount depends on enrollment status and Pell Grant eligibility.
Purchase your books using your Financial Aid:
Bookstore voucher authorizations will be available August 13 through August 28, 2018 at the campus bookstore. **If you have a private scholarship or Federal Loan recipient, you must contact the AWC Disbursement office to activate your voucher.
**The deadline for bookstore opt out is July 26, 2018
Loan and scholarship recipients must request a bookstore credit authorization at the AWC Disbursement Office. Once requested, please allow 3 business days for the bookstore voucher to process. Email us your request.
Bookstore OPT OUT Terms and Conditions:
If you don't want to participate in the bookstore voucher process, you must complete the authorization to OPT OUT BOOKSTORE VOUCHERS FORM. By submitting this form, you have authorized Arizona Western College to cancel the release of ALL your Title IV funds (Pell Grant, SEOG, Direct Loans, etc.) to the AWC Bookstore. Valid for 5 years.
(**If you are completely withdrawing or have stopped attending your courses and are receiving Federal Financial aid, please refer to the policy on the catalog under Return of Federal Funds Policy.**)