Family Development Credential
CERT - Occupational Certificate
The certificate program includes eleven (11) credit hours. Each of the prescribed courses of this program has an embedded laboratory experience component essential for “application of theory” throughout the training period. Following successful completion of the FDC certificate, individuals may apply for a nationally recognized certification, The Family Development Credential issued by the University of Connecticut.
Graduates will demonstrate skills that promote family strengths and prepare them to obtain an entry-level position within the field.
- Demonstrate positive communication skills while working with a family group and/or individuals.
- Promote empowerment, healthy interdependence, self-reliance while working with a family group and/or individuals.
- Identify strength-based assessment.
- Identify when families require support of specialized community services.
- Develop skills for home visiting.