Convenient Time for Prospective Students to Complete Pre-Enrollment Tasks
Jumpstart Saturday is a new program at Arizona Western College that allows prospective students the opportunity to complete their pre-enrollment tasks during a time that is convenient. Not everyone can get out to the campus during the work week, and students often want parents to accompany them. Therefore, AWC will offer one Saturday per month from January to April, with limited services available to prepare students for the next registration cycle.
During Jumpstart Saturday students will be able to:
- Complete an Application for Admission
- Complete Placement Testing
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid Submit any required enrollment documents
- Take care of any prior registration holds
- Sign up for New Student Orientation
AWC staff and student ambassadors will be available to assist students with each of these steps. Completion of these steps will ensure students are ready to register on time for summer of fall 2017 classes when registration begins this spring.
The dates for Jumpstart Saturday are: January 21, February 25, March 4 and April 15.
All sessions are open from 10am-3pm in the Frances Morris Board Room in the College Community Center (3C) at the Yuma Campus. Students and parents can drop in anytime between these hours, but are encouraged to arrive with enough time to complete placement testing, if necessary. No testing will be started after 2:00pm.
Students should bring:
- Photo ID
- Proof of Citizenship (State-issued driver’s license or identification card, US passport, employment authorization, permanent resident card, military ID card, or birth certificate)
- 2015 Tax Returns (if completing FAFSA)
Please note that that advising and course registration will not take place during these events. Students are encouraged to attend Jumpstart for assistance with pre-enrollment steps, and New Student Orientation for advising and course registration.
Questions regarding Jumpstart Saturday can be directed to Mandy Heil, Associate Director of Admissions, 928-317-6084, email@example.com, or the Admissions and Registration Office at 928-344-7550.