AWC/NAU Science Club to Host Second Annual Blood Drive
Yuma, AZ (October 26, 2017)-The AWC/NAU Science Club will be hosting a Blood Drive on November 13th and 14th on the AWC Yuma Campus in the 3C Schoening Conference Center from 10:00am to 2:00pm.
Joann Chang, AWC Professor of Biology, said “The members of the AWC/NAU Science Club are very thankful to the people of the Yuma area for their support of AWC and its students. Hosting a blood drive the week before the Thanksgiving holiday is a great way for us to express our thankfulness. We would like to invite other community members to come and donate blood and help us express our gratitude to the wonderful people of this area.”
· Arizona has struggled to keep up with the patient demand. This drive is important to build our blood supply reserves prior to the holiday
· Lives really do depend on it. There is no fake blood.
· 500 donors are needed daily to meet Arizona’s hospital supply and to ensure blood is available when our community members need it!
· Pay it forward, one day it may be you or your loved one.
· Feeling well and healthy – minimum 110 pounds, additional weight required under 5’6”
· Recent tattoos in AZ and most states are fine
· Most prescription medications are okay: allergy, insulin, thyroid, aspirin regimen, blood pressure, cholesterol, antidepressants, birth control are typically OK.
How to prepare for donation:
· Drink lots of water
· Eat a hearty breakfast/lunch – you will feel better when you donate with a full stomach
· Bring your photo ID that shows first and last names
To make an appointment:
· Call 1-877-UBS-HERO (827-4376) or contact Joann Chang at 928-344-7665
· Visit BloodHero.com We encourage appointments to be made ahead of time.
Alison McLallen, M.Ed.
Media Relations Director
Office of Public Relations & Marketing
Arizona Western College