Yuma, AZ (Oct 8, 2020) – Typically at this time of year, the college Radiologic Technology program would be recruiting a new class to apply this coming January, to start in June 2021. Due to the college’s response to COVID-19, the college is unable to open applications for the next class of Radiologic Technology students until January of 2022, to begin in the summer of 2022.
- Based on the college’s national accreditation restrictions, AWC Rad Tech program is limited to a class cohort of 20 students at a time.
- AWC typically admits a new class each January, to begin training during the summer of the same year.
- That training begins with both classroom work and clinical work (hands-on training with industry partners.)
- The current class (admitted January 2019) has seen a decrease in their clinical work due to both lower patient load, and limited capacity restrictions due to COVID-19. Based on the difficulty in getting clinical time for the 2019 class, there was no opportunity to introduce the 2020 class to clinical work, delaying the start of the program.
- The 2020 class cohort (admitted in January 2020), which was unable to begin their work in Summer 2020, and now will begin in Summer 2021.
- Current AWC students on the prospective student list will receive a notification closer to November 2021 so they may apply in January 2022 for entry into the program. To add your name to that list, please call 928-344-7552.
We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused our students and our community partners.
For further information, please contact Tracy Iversen, Director, 928-314-9574 or Ashley Garcia, Senior Secretary, 928- 344-7552.