IT Automation and Python Professional Certificate
Graduates will demonstrate basic knowledge in IT automation and Python that will prepare them to obtain an entry-level position within the field.
Training Dates Coming Soon
Online course. Participants will be able to enter and complete at their own pace, must have completed by deadline.
$855.00 for In-state students
$1269.00 for Out-of-State students
Field of Interest
This program builds on your IT foundations to help you take your career to the next level. It’s designed to teach you how to program with Python and how to use Python to automate common system administration tasks. You'll also learn to use Git and GitHub, troubleshoot and debug complex problems, and apply automation at scale by using configuration management and the Cloud.
Students who successfully complete the course requirements will earn a Google IT Automation and Python Professional Certificate, as well as college credit from Arizona Western College.
What You'll Learn
Topics covered include:
- Crash Course in Python: foundations to write simple programs in Python using the most common structures
- Using Python to interact with the operating system: manipulate files and processes on your computer’s operating system.
- Introduction to Git and Github: how to keep track of different versions of your code and configuration files using a version control system (VCS) called Git.
- Troubleshooting and Debugging Techniques: tools to quickly identify and solve real-world problems in your IT role.
- Configuration Management and the Cloud: how to apply automation to manage fleets of computers.
- Automating real work tasks with Python: tackle real-world scenarios in Qwiklabs to practice multiple skills at once.
Who should take the course?
Displaced workers looking for valuable training to re-enter the workforce.
Registration Process: Because students earn college credit from Arizona Western College, application and admission to AWC is required. Interested students will meet with an AZ Quest Grant Coordinator to determine eligibility for the program.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: https://www.azwestern.edu/paying-for-college
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.