Event features speakers on the future of learning, focus groups
Yuma, AZ (March 13, 2017) – Faculty and staff at Arizona Western College are calling on the public to help the college dream big as it embarks on a 14-month comprehensive strategic planning process. The April 28th Horizon Symposium is a half-day, TED Talk-style interactive event where college staff will work with community members to imagine a thriving, sustainable future for higher education in the region through brief, engaging presentations, and then share ideas and brainstorm in small focus groups.
The college is tackling several big questions as it looks towards 2025:
- How does the college thrive in a challenging environment and remain relevant to the community and students?
- How does the college ensure that it continually adapts to provide students with a meaningful education that prepares them for work today and positions them for adaptability in the future?
A robust strategic plan requires input from all areas of the community: parents, educators, hiring managers, business people, elected officials and stewards of other non-profits are welcome and encouraged to attend.
The symposium will be broadcast live to AWC’s San Luis and Parker Learning Centers, with hosted focus groups at all three locations. San Luis participants are welcome to come to a hosted dinner on Friday night, April 28 at the AWC San Luis Learning Center. La Paz County participants are invited to a hosted breakfast on Saturday morning, April 29 at the AWC Parker Community Center.
Pre-registration is requested:
- Yuma - https://AWCHorizonSymposium.eventbrite.com
- Parker - https://AWCParkerHorizon.eventbrite.com
- San Luis - https://AWCSanLuisHorizon.eventbrite.com
More information about the AWC Strategic Planning Process can be found online at www.azwestern.edu, search Strategic Planning. Please forward any feedback or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dean, Marketing & Public Relations
Arizona Western College
Phone: (928) 314-9595