In 2017, Dr. Corr and The District Governing Board launched the inaugural Innovation Fund to support the development of AWC initiatives aligned with Strategic Planning. This year, $100,000 in funds are available for one-time projects beginning in Spring 2020 that support Strategic Planning efforts, specifically projects that enhance the AWC Student Experience. This limited time funding is designed to encourage innovative thinking outside the parameters of the annual fiscal year budget.
AWC Faculty, Staff, & Students are encouraged to develop project proposals in the Topic Area below for implementation in the Spring 2020 semester.
Arizona Western College commits to delivering an amazing student experience characterized by:
Dr. Corr and members of the Innovation Screening Committee, along with select students, will review proposals and Innovation Fund Awards will be announced Wed., Dec. 4th. Funds will be available Jan 2020.
Innovation Fund Awards
Innovation Fund Awards 2020
- Andale's Pathway to Wellness - $ 20,674
- Somerton Matador's Patio - $ 6,200
- #becomingamatador - $ 16,000
- Border Radio Listening Lounge - $ 8,000
- Fillable Water Stations - $ 15,000
- Poverty Simulation and Food Pantry Toiletry Expansion - $ 7,000
- AWC En Español - $ 11,678
Congratulations to the projects awarded funding!
Innovation Fund Awards 2019
- Community on Campus: Downtown center - $ 5,000
- Power Up the Ramadas - $ 19,999
- Andale's Pantry - $ 10,000
- Adding Calculators Subtracts Barriers - $ 13,500
- Improving Native American Experience at AWC - $ 5,000
- Gardening and Mud Kitchen Equipment - $ 5,410
- Peer Mentor for Secondary Ed - $ 6,000
- Grow Your Own EDU Jumpstart: Parker - $ 7,500
- Women Resource Center - $ 10,000
- Art Curiosity's project - $ 1,538
- Total - $83,947
Congratulations to the 12 projects awarded funding during the Strategic Planning Innovation Fund selection process!
Innovation Fund Awards 2018
- AWC Welcome Center - $ 40,000
- San Luis Home Away from Home - $ 35,000
- KAWC Border Radio Project - $ 27,500
- Business Incubator Project - $ 22,500
- Student Seating & Charging Stations - $ 20,000
- American Indian Student Recruitment - $ 8,500
- Writing @ AWC - $ 7,500
- Art Garden Beautification Project - $ 6,300
- South County Ambassador Program - $ 6,000
- Parker Student Engagement Fund - $ 5,000
- Mobile Mini-Makerspace - $ 4,600
- South County Mentoring Program - $ 1,000
- Total - $183,700
Congratulations to the projects awarded funding during the inaugural Strategic Planning Innovation Fund selection process!
For more details about the steps or to see project descriptions view the PowerPoint.