Title V PACTO
Partners Advancing Completion through
PACTO is a collaboration between Arizona Western College and Northern Arizona University-Yuma to create a seamless transfer pathway and improve academic success at both institutions. PACTO’s three objectives are to close access gaps to underserved populations, optimize program partnerships leading to college readiness, and to increase student success by implementing instructional support.
PACTO’s goal is to increase success at AWC and NAU through the following three initiatives:
- Launch comprehensive support services grounded in AVID Essentials.
- Implement more accessible information and technology systems and platforms.
- Improve facilities to house support services.
Arizona Western College Title V PACTO Grant Operating Manual can be found here.
Arizona Western College Title V PACTO Grant Objectives Chart can be found here.
PACTO Progress Report <PDF TO COME – will be a live link
Year 1 (October 2012 - September 2013)
- Activity 1: Develop plan to implement AVID essential strategies.
- Activity 2: Develop virtual advising NAU.
- Activity 3: Renovate to create Advising & Transfer Center (NAU & AWC).
Year 2 (October 2013 - September 2014)
- Activity 1: Pilot AVID strategies with first-time/full-time and EDU cohort students.
- Activity 2: Develop NWEA diagnostic assessment.
- Activity 3: Renovate area to accommodate shared (NAU/AWC) Veteran/Military Support Center and equip with advising computer workstations. Year 2-3
Year 3 (October 2014 - September 2015)
- Activity 1:Pilot AVID strategies with part-time and non-traditional students.
- Activity 2: Pilot test NWEA diagnostic assessment. Year 3-4
Year 4 (October 2015 - September 2016)
- Activity 1: Pilot test following AVID support strategies with veteran and military and EDU students.
- Activity 2: Remodel to provide collaborative work and meeting area for military/veterans.
Year 5 (October 2016 - September 2017)
- Activity 1: Evaluate, modify, repilot.
- Activity 2: Evaluate, modify, repilot.