Citizenship (Proposition 300)
Due to the passage of Proposition 300, Arizona state law requires Arizona Western College to verify citizenship or legal resident status of students prior to registration. Students are required to provide acceptable documentation as proof of citizenship. Typically, an Arizona issued driver’s license or identification card, U.S. passport are sufficient. A list of other acceptable documents can be found below. Scanned documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or may be presented in person at the Admissions and Registration office.
- Proposition 300 does not prevent anyone from enrolling at Arizona Western College.
- Proposition 300 does require that students who are not citizens or legal residents pay out-of-state tuition.
Questions regarding Proposition 300 or citizenship requirements may be directed to the Admissions and Registration office at (928) 344-7550.
List of Acceptable Documents for Proof of Citizenship
Students may submit either ONE of the documents from List A or a document from BOTH List B and LIST C
Only one of the following documents is required to be presented by a student who chooses this option.
- Arizona drivers license or an Arizona non-operating identification card issued after October 1, 1996
- Drivers license or non-operating identification license issued by another state or outlying possession of the United States if the license indicates on its face that the person has provided proof of United States citizenship
- U.S. Passport (unexpired or expired)
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (Form N-560 or N-561)
- Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570)
- Unexpired Foreign Passport with an I-551 stamp
- Unexpired Foreign Passport indicating nonimmigrant visa status, and such visa status either has not expired or has been extended
- Form I-94 verifying current status as “Refugee,” “Asylum Granted,” Parolee,” or “Cuban-Haitian Entrant.”
- Permanent Resident Card with photograph or Alien Registration Receipt Card with photograph
- (Form I-151 commonly referred to as a “Green Card” or Form I-551)
- Unexpired Temporary Resident Card ( Form I-688)
- Unexpired Employment Authorization Card (Form I-688A)
- Unexpired Reentry Permit (Form I-327)
- Unexpired Refugee Travel Document (Form 1-571)
- Unexpired Employment Authorization Document issued by Department of Homeland Security that contains a photograph
- (Form I-688B)
One document from List B and one document from List C are required to be presented by a student who chooses this option.
- Arizona drivers license or Arizona non-operating identification card issued on or before October 1, 1996
- Drivers license that does not indicate that the person has provided proof of United States citizenship or an identification card that does not indicate that the person has provided proof of United States citizenship issued by a state or outlying possession of the United States provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address
- Voter registration card
- U.S. Military card or draft record
- Military dependent’s ID card
- U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
- Native American tribal document (indicating identity of the student)
- Driver’s license issued by a Canadian government authority
- For persons under age 18 who are unable to present any of the List B documents listed above:
- School record or report card
- Clinic, doctor or hospital record
- Day-care or nursery school record
- United States social security card issued by the Social Security Administration
- Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545 or Form DS-1350)
- Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority or outlying possession of the United States bearing an official seal
- Native American tribal document related to the student
- U.S. Citizen ID card (Form I-197)
- Identification Card for use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179)
- Unexpired Employment Authorization Document issued by Department of Homeland Security (other than those listed in List A)
- Other documentation indicating lawful immigration status