Industrial Technology STEM Emphasis
A.A.S. - Occupational Degree
Learn more about transfer options below.
This program provides courses in the industrial manufacturing technology subject areas as well as required general education courses to prepare students to transfer to a university.
Industrial manufacturing technology requires combined knowledge and skills in a variety of industrial/technical fields. This program will prepare the individual for entry level employment in the industrial manufacturing career field. Students are instructed in the processes and practices involved in the areas of air conditioning and refrigeration, industrial graphics, electrical, quality control and inspection, robotic welding applications, occupational safety, and project supervision and management. Competencies related to critical thinking skills in AWC General Education focus areas are embedded.
- Place text and dimensions accurately on drawings using CAD commands.
- Discuss the differences between analog and digital meters.
- Demonstrate effective visual page design in documents.
- Identify basic fall, electrical, fire, trenching, materials handling, and heavy equipment hazards, and explain the general safety procedures associated with them.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate work related ideas both written and orally.