Construction Trades Management STEM Emphasis
A.A.S. - Occupational Degree
Learn more about transfer options below.
This program provides courses in the construction trades management and technical subject areas as well as the required general education courses to prepare students to transfer to a university. Students should work closely with an Academic Advisor regarding the requirements at a specific four-year institution.
Graduates will demonstrate basic knowledge in the construction trades field which will prepare them to obtain an entry level position in the field and critical thinking skills in AWC’s General Education focus areas.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic blueprint terms, components, and symbols. Explain the different types of blueprint drawings and how to interpret and use drawing dimensions (NCCER 00105-09 – Introduction to Construction Drawings, subject to revision).
- Analyze lines, lettering, scales/measuring tools, and sketches of drafting.
- Display correct procedure for compiling and assembling submittal packages.
- Develop a basic understanding of the structural parts required to enclose in a typical structure.
- Demonstrate the ability to translate blueprint readings related to wood frame structures for field layout, fabrication, assembly, and erection using platform, balloon, and post and beam methods.
- Demonstrate elevations and linear layouts for firm systems.
- Describe unsafe or hazardous situations on the construction site, and recommend safe practices in all aspects of construction from site preparation to final cleanup.