Automotive Techology STEM Emphasis
A.A.S. - Occupational Degree
Learn more about transfer options below.
This program provides courses in the automotive and technical subject areas as well as the required general education courses to prepare students to transfer to a university.
This program is certified through the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF). When completing the automotive training the student will be able to apply for and take the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification examinations.
- Demonstrate an understanding and be able to describe the interaction of various automotive systems of operation on the vehicle with the use of advanced technological simulators and live vehicles.
- Demonstrate effective written communication.
- Analyze automotive applications and determine the needed materials and equipment necessary to perform tasks related to all automotive disciplines listed in the degree.
- Perform entry-level diagnosis and repair of automobiles as it pertains to the automotive systems listed in this degree.
- Maintain and present the required NATEF (National Automotive Technician Education Foundation) competency task list indicating completion of the required labs as it relates to all automotive disciplines listed for this degree.