Phased AWC Back-To-Campus Plan, Fall 2020This page was last updated on July 30th, 2020 @ 03:08 PM
In order to safely resume college operations for the Fall semester, the college is creating a phased plan, dependent on national, regional and local health officials. The plan will evolve over the next several weeks as departments organize team schedules, plans for physical distancing, and workload.
These plans will serve two overarching goals: keeping people safe, and helping our students reach their educational goals.
These plans will also be supported by four concepts:
- Administrative and Engineering solutions to keep people safe
- This includes limited class sizes, limited group meetings, sneeze shields, distancing
- Required face coverings or face masks for all faculty, staff, students. This is not optional.
- Masks are not required when you are in an office by yourself, or walking across campus by yourself.
- Reducing population density on campuses
- One plan is 4 Days Here / 10 Days Remote. This is optional per department leadership, as a method to reduce the number of people on campus, and create opportunities to isolate.
- Establishing a Car-to-Classroom plan for students for Fall 2020 – no events, no gather, no hanging out in Game Room, student lounges or other gathering spaces.
- Heavy reliance on Remote Services
- Virtually all departments will continue to offer virtual services to students, colleagues and the community throughout the fall semester and beyond.
- Employees are expected to host as many meetings as possible via technology.
Phase 1 - Monday, July 6 - Quick Stop Services opens on Yuma Campus
The following services will be available in the Schoening Conference Center (1st floor of the 3C):
- Admissions and Registration
- Financial Aid
- Cashier (cash payments)
- Campus Life (student photo ID)
Services will be available for limited hours. Details to follow.
If students plan to come to campus, they will be asked to follow these guidelines:
- Face coverings will be required
- Come alone, if possible
- Maintain social distance of six feet or more
- Wait in the 3C front hallway until your turn for services
- Continued remote access to services
Phase 2 - Monday, August 3 - Back to Campus for Most College Services
Monday, August 3rd, we are beginning Phase 2 of our Back-to-Campus plan! While all services will still be available remotely, we are opening our 3C One-Stop-Shop corridor of Student Services, located on the top floor of the 3C Building on Yuma Campus.
Masks are required to enter the building and to help us maintain safe six-feet distancing, you will be greeted by a staff member at the entrance who will help get you checked in and then connect you with staff upstairs.
We are also excited to announce New Hours that allow us to put students first!
New 3C Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday, 8AM – 6PM
Monday – Thursday, 8AM – 6PM
Friday, 9AM – 3PM
Visit azwestern.edu/support to access our remote service phone numbers, emails, and web addresses.
Phase 3 - Monday, August 17 - Fall Semester starts
Services available include
- Library Services re-open limited in-person services, continuation of remote services
- Student Success Center re-open limited in-person services, continuation of remote services
- Starbucks and Eatery are planned as Grab & Go
- The college will make limited free face coverings available to faculty, staff and students on all AWC campuses
- Student gathering space will be closed for the Fall semester, and students will be encouraged to follow a Car-to-Classroom plan