Outdoor WiFi AccessThis page was last updated on April 15th, 2020 @ 10:08 AM
We know that across our district, some of you may struggle with reliable access to the internet at home to study and complete your assignments.
Although we ask that no students enter our campus, our technology team has extended outdoor Wi-Fi connectivity to the P1 parking lot (covered solar structure) outside the College Community Center (3C) on the Yuma Campus (see map below). Parking lots or external WiFi access is being planned for Parker and San Luis campuses in the next week.
This is an exception to President Corr's request for students to stay off campus, and we're asking that you follow the guidelines below to keep our communities safe.
- Access is being promoted for AWC student access only (to include UA Yuma, NAU-Yuma and ASU@Yuma students)
- Arrive and stay in your car while using connection
- Park at least one parking spot away from other cars
- Use connection ONLY for classwork or important family business. **DO NOT use the connection for gaming or entertainment purposes as that may degrade the signal for other students
- Bathroom access for those using the outdoor WiFi will be available through the south doors to the College Community Center (first floor bathroom), provided you utilize 6 foot physical distancing, Monday - Thursday, 7am - 5pm.
We hope this provides many of you with much needed access during this time of remote learning.
Vice President for Technology