Yuma, AZ (October 2, 2018) – Arizona Western College will be holding a Transfer & Career Expo on Wednesday, Oct. 10, from 1 to 4 p.m. in room 104 of the San Luis Learning Center, 1340 N. 8th Ave. The expo will specifically focus on Business, Education, Public Safety, and Health opportunities for current and prospective students.
Learn about what career possibilities are available within an Arizona Western College major. Explore and network with agencies and employers about current and future jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities.
Figure out what it takes to transfer to a university. Talk to representatives from Arizona State University, University of Arizona, Northern Arizona University, and other universities in attendance to find out what’s available at each campus.
This will be the first of five Transfer & Career Expos to be held throughout Yuma and La Paz counties during the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semesters.
List of employers, organizations, and universities confirmed for the event:
- Arizona Western College
- Border Patrol
- CASA of Yuma County
- City of San Luis
- Cocopah Indian Tribe
- CSL Plasma
- El Dorado Broadcasters
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Grand Canyon University
- Monster Media, LLC
- Northern Arizona University
- Northern Arizona University-Yuma Branch Campus
- Ottawa University Arizona
- Regional Center for Border Health, Inc.
- The University of Arizona
- Trident University International
- United Cerebral Palsy of Southern Arizona
- Yuma County Library District
- Yuma Southwest Contractors Association
- Yuma Union HS District #70 - AVID Program
Experiential Learning Specialist
Arizona Western College