View Site Map!
a b c d e f g h i j k l m
n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Header Photo
Transfer Services
Web Advisor


+ Transfer Services 


Icon Web Advisor WebAdvisor/Register
Icon Class Schedule Schedule of Classes
Academic Library Academic Library
Course Catalog Icon Course Catalog
Tuition Icon Tuition & Fees
Blackboard Icon Blackboard
Directory Icon Directory
Webmail Icon Webmail
Webmail Icon Help

Frequently Asked questions

 1. When and how do I apply to a university?

It is recommended that you apply to any university one year in advance. Once accepted, visit your program of interest's website for additional admission requirements. Read the Transfer Checklist for additional information.

2. What is the AZ Transfer Applicability System (AZTransfer)?

AZTransfer is a statewide, online, interactive advising tool in Arizona. It provides information on courses, course equivalencies, and program requirements at Arizona institutions of higher education. For students who become AZTransfer members, AZTransfer provides information on how specific course work will transfer and apply towards a degree at an Arizona institution. For instructions on how to use AZTransfer visit the Course Equivalency link, AZTransfer or to find out which courses are under the AGEC pathway visit AGEC  It's free.

3. How do I send my transcripts to another university?

A written request must be submitted to AWC's Admissions and Registration Office by fax at (928) 344-7543, Web Advisor or by mail at:

Arizona Western College
Admissions and Registration Office
Po Box 929
Yuma, AZ 85366-0929

Information needed is as follows: Full name, social security number or student ID#, date of birth, statement requesting official transcripts, name and address where to send transcripts to and signature of student.  It is a three day process and currently there is no fee for transcripts.

4. Where can I get help applying to universities on-line or searching for university information?

Visit Transfer Services and schedule an appointment with the Transfer Specialist, participate on Transfer Sessions or visit the University Information link to learn more about the universities. For more information contact Transfer Services (928) 344-7638 or email at is a great tool that helps you to research the most affordable and accredited online schools in Arizona. It also gives a list of nearly 20,000 general scholarships available to Arizona students.

Visit their website

5. What universities visit AWC?

Arizona State University, Benedictine University, Grand Canyon, National University,  Northern Arizona University, University of Arizona, University of Phoenix, and Western International University.

6. Can an AWC Academic Advisortell me what classes will transfer to an out-of-state school?

AWC Academic Advisors can advise on which courses can transfer out-of-state only if that specific institution has established articulation agreements with AWC.

7. How do I send my transcripts from another school to AWC for evaluation?

The incoming transfer process is also facilitated through  Transfer Services. To learn how to send an official transcript to AWC, click here.

Future Students | Current Students | Distance Education | Community Partners | AWC Foundation
About AWC | Admissions | Financial Aid | Online Services | Athletics | Student Life | Employment
 © 2016 Arizona Western College Disclaimers | EEOC | Site Map | Comments