View Site Map!
a b c d e f g h i j k l m
n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Header Photo
Advisement Services
Web Advisor


+ Advisement Services 


Icon Web Advisor WebAdvisor/Register
Icon Class Schedule Schedule of Classes
Academic Library Academic Library
Course Catalog Icon Course Catalog
Tuition Icon Tuition & Fees
Blackboard Icon Blackboard
Directory Icon Directory
Webmail Icon Webmail
Webmail Icon Help

Transfer Degrees and AGEC Certificates

The community colleges and universities (ASU, NAU, UA) in Arizona have agreed upon a common structure for a transfer general education curriculum - Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC). This curriculum provides students attending any Arizona community college with the opportunity to build a general education curriculum that is transferable upon completion without loss of credit. All AWC Transfer Degrees have AGEC requirements inbedded into them.  For more information, download the AWC Transfer Degrees and Pathways guide.

All students planning to transfer to any Arizona public university are encouraged to visit the AZTransfer website.  Students are also encouraged to visit the Transfer Services office for more information.  The Transfer Services office provides services such as contacts with university representatives, informational sessions for transfer students, and information on partnerships with other universities.  

Site logo

To apply for a transfer degee and/or an AGEC certificate, students must submit an Application for Graduation.  For more information, visit the Admissions and Registration website and review the graduation application process.  To determine your eligibility for a degree or certificate, you may use the Program Evaluation tool on WebAdvisor or schedule an appointment with an advisor.  Students associated with earlier catalogs can check program requirements by looking up previous catalogs and running the program evaluation for the correct catalog year.


Student Exchange Programs (WICHE)

AWC students may qualify for different student exchange programs offered through the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE).  These programs offer a broad range of higher education options for students who are residents of WICHE states (Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming). Available programs include:

Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)

Through the Western Undergraduate Exchange Program (WUE), undergraduate students are eligible to request a reduced tuition rate of 150% of resident tuition at participating two- and four-year college programs outside of their home state.

Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP)

The Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP) allows master’s, graduate certificate, and Ph.D. students who are residents of the WICHE member states to enroll in some 320 high-quality programs at 56 participating institutions outside of their home state and pay resident tuition.

Professional Student Exchange Program (PSEP)

The Professional Student Exchange Program (PSEP) enables eligible students to enroll in selected out-of-state professional programs usually because those fields of study are not available at public institutions in their home states. Students enrolled in PSEP receive preference in admission and pay reduced levels of tuition.



Future Students | Current Students | Distance Education | Community Partners | AWC Foundation
About AWC | Admissions | Financial Aid | Online Services | Athletics | Student Life | Employment
 © 2016 Arizona Western College Disclaimers | EEOC | Site Map | Comments