View Site Map!
a b c d e f g h i j k l m
n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Header Photo
Financial Aid
Web Advisor


+ Financial Aid 


Icon Web Advisor WebAdvisor/Register
Icon Class Schedule Schedule of Classes
Academic Library Academic Library
Course Catalog Icon Course Catalog
Tuition Icon Tuition & Fees
Blackboard Icon Blackboard
Directory Icon Directory
Webmail Icon Webmail
Webmail Icon Help

Federal Pell Grant


These federally funded grants help about 5.4 million full- and part-time college and vocational school students nationally.

Who is Eligible?

Everyone should apply and may need to in order to receive institutional funds (athletics, fine arts, honors, etc.), work-study, student loans as well as any grants. Because of the many different items the FAFSA calculation takes into place, keep in mind that it takes less than an hour to complete the form that will determine if you or your child is eligible to receive free money for college. 

There is no charge to apply for Federal Student Aid.

You also must meet certain conditions to receive federal aid.

Students can receive Pell Grants for their undergraduate study until they complete a bachelor's or their first professional degree (such as pharmacy or dentistry).

How is the Award Determined?

Pell Grants are based on a formula that is applied in the same manner to all applicants. If you qualify for Pell, the amount you receive will be based on your EFC, COA and number of credits you are enrolled.  The formula is revised and approved each year by the U.S. Congress. The actual award a student receives depends on a number of factors including. but not limited to:

  • The cost of attendance.
  • The family's financial situation.
  • Family size.
  • Whether the student is attending full-time or part-time.

Where Can You Use the Pell Grant? 

The grants may be used at almost any school the student chooses to attend. Financial aid administrators at each school can tell you whether the institution and its programs are eligible for the Federal Pell Grant Program. Arizona Western College is eligible and active in the Federal Pell Grant Program.

What Is the Application Process?

Apply for a Federal Pell Grant by completing a FAFSA Application. These are available to complete online or through a printable version you may complete and mail in yourself. Most high schools, colleges, vocational schools, libraries, community and state agencies will no longer have the paper applications as they have in the past.

Once the FAFSA has been completed and filed, the progress of the application can be tracked by calling the Federal Student Aid Information Center toll-free at (800) 433-3243 between 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time), Monday through Friday. You also can check the status of your FAFSA online.


Future Students | Current Students | Distance Education | Community Partners | AWC Foundation
About AWC | Admissions | Financial Aid | Online Services | Athletics | Student Life | Employment
 © 2016 Arizona Western College Disclaimers | EEOC | Site Map | Comments