View Site Map!
a b c d e f g h i j k l m
n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Header Photo
Admissions and Registration
Web Advisor


+ Admissions and Registration 


Icon Web Advisor WebAdvisor/Register
Icon Class Schedule Schedule of Classes
Academic Library Academic Library
Course Catalog Icon Course Catalog
Tuition Icon Tuition & Fees
Blackboard Icon Blackboard
Directory Icon Directory
Webmail Icon Webmail
Webmail Icon Help

General information regarding transfer of credit to AWc

*For more detailed information, consult the AWC Catalog.

Acceptable Credits

  • AWC accepts credits from institutions accredited by the 6 regional associations and by the specialized accrediting bodies as listed by the Office of Postsecondary Education.

  • Courses that are equivalent to AWC courses numbered 99 and lower do not transfer.

  • AWC only accepts credits with grades of A, B, C, CR (credit), or P (passing). *Documentation must be provided to verify that CR or P credits are equivalent to a grade of C or higher at the previous institution. 

  • Grades and grade points earned at another educational institution are not used to calculate a student's AWC cumulative grade point average.

  • Courses listed on the student's official transcripts as "In Progress" cannot be evaluated. Students must request an updated official transcript be sent upon the completion of the in-progress courses and the posting of the final grades.

  • Although credits may be accepted to the College, credits are accepted to specific degree programs at the discretion of the academic program departments.

Academic Advisement

  • The Transcript Evaluation staff will not:

    • Advise students on selection of AWC courses or courses offered at other institutions.
    • Evaluate transfer work for students who have not been admitted to and enrolled at AWC.
    • Advise on the future transferability of a course prior to the student completing the course and following the appropriate Evaluation of Transfer Credit process.
  • Questions regarding selection of AWC courses or possible selection of courses at other institutions should be directed to Advisement Services at (928) 344-7624 or the appropriate Division Advisor.

  • To assist in course selection and degree planning, and to inquire about possible transferability of courses, students can utilize

Quarter-Hour Credits

If transferring from an institution with a quarter-hour system:

  • 1 Quarter hour = 0.67 semester hours.

  • A deficiency in an AGEC category due to quarter-hour application must be recovered by additional credits within the same or another AGEC categorical requirement.

Eight Year Time Frame

  • Courses taken more than 8 years ago apply to degree requirements at the discretion of the College. In areas where information changes rapidly, departments may accept, reject, or request revalidation of earlier courses.

  • In some cases, accreditations agencies may set a term shorter than eight years. Individual departments may also set a shorter term in fields where information changes quickly, or when completing earlier requirements is no loger possible or educationally sound.

  • There is no time limit for AGEC courses.

Credit from Foreign Institutions

For students who have completed college-level courses at a foreign college or university, AWC requires an English translation and official foreign credential evaluation. For this service, transcripts and a request for a course-by-course credential evaluation must be sent to the following agency:

 AACRAO Office of International Education Services                                          One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 520
Washington DC, 20036-1135                                                                                 (202) 296-3359                                                                                            

Credit from Military or Training Academies

For more information regarding military credit, contact Mayumi Maki, Military Services Coordinator, at (928) 317-7601.

Military Experience 

  • Students wishing to submit military experiences or courses for evaluation should send records with a written request to the Admissions and Registration Office.

  • Credit accepted from such sources may not apply for graduation in specific majors or degree programs.

  • These credits may not transfer to another educational institution.

Military Service School Credit

  • Students may earn credit for training and experiences in military service. When applicable, credit earned may be used for degree credit as equivalent courses in the major or as general electives up to the maximum number of credits prescribed by the specific program requirements.

  • To request a course evaluation, simply follow the steps for evaluation of transfer credit. Official transcripts will be required from:

     AARTS Operations Center (Army)
    415 McPherson Ave
    Ft. Leavenworth, KS 66027-1373
    (866) 297-4427

SMARTS Operations Center (Marines and Navy)
(877) 253-7122

CCAF Transcript (Air Force) CCAF/DESS
100 South Turner Blvd
Maxwell-Gunther AFB AL 36114-3011

Future Students | Current Students | Distance Education | Community Partners | AWC Foundation
About AWC | Admissions | Financial Aid | Online Services | Athletics | Student Life | Employment
 © 2014 Arizona Western College Disclaimers | EEOC | Site Map | Comments