For tuition purposes, you must indicate your residency status when applying.
It is your responsibility as the student to apply for admission and to register under the correct residency status (domicile determination). Each student must have the question of legal residence determined prior to the time of registration and payment of fees.
You may be considered an in-state resident for tuition purposes if you provide appropriate documentation that:
- You have lived in Arizona for at least a full calendar year prior to the start of the semester and are enrolling as an in-state resident; or
- You have been transferred to Arizona as an employee or are the spouse of an employee who was transferred to Arizona to work; or
- You are living in Arizona as a dependent of parents, or have parents living in Arizona who are claiming you as an income tax dependent; or
- You are a member of an Indian tribe whose reservation is located in Arizona; or
- You are a member of the armed forces of the United States stationed in Arizona pursuant to military orders or who is the spouse or a dependent child of a member of the armed forces of the Uniter States stationed in Arizona pursuant to military orders; or
- You are the spouse of an Arizona resident
In some cases, a Petition to Change Residency signed by the student must be filed with the Enrollment Services Office and you may have to present supporting documents to verify your in-state status.
Interpreting residency statues and regulations is a complex task; therefore students having difficult in determining their residency should refer to the College Catalog or contact the Admissions and Registration Office at (928) 344-7550 for further details.