View Site Map!
 AWC INDEX
a b c d e f g h i j k l m
n o p q r s t u v w x y z
SECTION LINKS

+ Athletics 

FOOTBALL
VOLLEYBALL
SOCCER
SOCCER
MEN'S BASKETBALL
WOMEN'S BASKETBALL
BASEBALL
SOFTBALL

QUICK LINKS

MATADORS NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS

Matadors Move Into Top 10 In Recent Poll
Derek Diesner
Oct. 15th, 2013

YUMA, AZ – The Top 20 Football National Poll was released Tuesday by the NJCAA and Arizona Western College moved up one spot for the second straight week to 10th in the National Poll that includes both votes and computer points.
                                          
AWC earned 118.5 points according to the computer, 11.5 points better than Dodge City Community College who currently are ranked 11th in the poll and nine points less than Rochester Community and Technical College who comes in at 9th in this week’s poll.
 
Two weeks ago, the NJCAA football poll began being weighted with 67 percent of the poll coming from voters and the other 33 percent coming from the football computer ranking (FCR), which looks at a team’s overall record, strength of schedule and opponent’s strength of schedule.
                                    
Coming in at number one for the third straight week is Georgia Military at 8-0 on the season. They received six first place votes. East Mississippi C.C. moved up a spot from third to second in this week’s poll and received three first place votes.
 
Around the WSFL, Scottsdale moved up a spot to eighth with a 6-1 record. Mesa moved up three spots from 18th to 15th in the latest poll and New Mexico Military fell out of the Top 20 following their loss Saturday at Arizona Western.
 
Up next for the #10 AWC Matadors is their regular season finale this Saturday, October 19 at 11am (Arizona time) at Snow College. Saturday’s game can be heard on the radio at 560 KBLU-AM, the flagship home for Arizona Western College Athletics. Our pre-game coverage will get underway at 10:50am followed by the opening kickoff at 11am.
 
 
 
--MATADORS--

 


 

Next 10 entries »
Past Releases        Pub. Date
Darrious Hamilton Signs With Utah Valley University Aug 19th 2014
Lady Matadors Open Ranked 4th In The Nation Aug 19th 2014
Matador Football Ranked In Preseason Poll Aug 12th 2014
Matadors Ranked In Preseason NJCAA Poll Aug 6th 2014
World Cup Fever Strikes The Lady Matadors Aug 4th 2014
Former Lady Matadors Move Up The Ranks Jul 29th 2014
Walt Kammann Field Receives A Facelift Jul 22nd 2014
Irving Lopez Selected To NJCAA Baseball National Team Jul 14th 2014
Former Lady Matadors Take Their Talents To 4-Year Schools Jul 10th 2014
Omar Celaya Signs With Nyack College Jul 10th 2014

 

Next 10 entries »

Future Students | Current Students | Distance Education | Community Partners | AWC Foundation
About AWC | Admissions | Financial Aid | Online Services | Athletics | Student Life | Employment
 © 2014 Arizona Western College Disclaimers | EEOC | Site Map | Comments