View Site Map!
 AWC INDEX
a b c d e f g h i j k l m
n o p q r s t u v w x y z
SECTION LINKS

+ Athletics 

FOOTBALL
VOLLEYBALL
SOCCER
SOCCER
MEN'S BASKETBALL
WOMEN'S BASKETBALL
BASEBALL
SOFTBALL

QUICK LINKS

MATADORS NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS

Matadors Fall To #12 In Recent Poll
Derek Diesner
Oct. 1st, 2013

                                          
YUMA, ARIZONA – The Top 20 Football National Poll was released Tuesday by the NJCAA and Arizona Western College fell one spot to 12th in the first week of the Football Computer Rankings.
                                          
AWC earned 91.5 points according to the computer, 3.5 points better than Rochester Community and Technical College who are 13th in the poll and 11 points less than fellow WSFL member Scottsdale who comes in at 11th in this week’s poll.
 
“Starting this week, the NJCAA football poll now is weighted with 67 percent of the poll coming from voters and the other 33 percent coming from our football computer ranking (FCR), which looks at a team’s overall record, strength of schedule and opponent’s strength of schedule,” said NJCAA Assistant Executive Director Mark Krug.
                                    
Coming in at number one this week is Georgia Military at 6-0 on the season. They were ranked fifth in last week’s poll and received two first place votes this time around. East Mississippi C.C. is ranked 2nd with a perfect 5-0 record as they moved up one spot from last week and received the most first place votes out of any team with seven. The next highest was Navarro College who is 4-1 and ranked eighth in the current poll. Navarro received six first place votes in today’s poll after being the number one team in last week’s poll.
 
Around the WSFL, New Mexico Military Institute continues to receive votes and remain just outside of the “Top 20” with their 5-1 record. With Mesa’s loss to AWC on Saturday, the Thunderbirds fell out of the “Top 20” but continue to receive votes.
 
Up next for the AWC Matadors is another road test, as they travel north to Glendale to face the Gauchos. The game can be heard on 560 KBLU-AM, the flagship home for Arizona Western College.
 
 
--MATADORS--

 


 

Next 10 entries »
Past Releases        Pub. Date
Gastelum kicks AWC to victory over Eastern Arizona in OT Sep 13th 2014
Gabriella Dias Wins Player of the Week Sep 8th 2014
Matador Football Moves Up Two Spots In Latest NJCAA Poll Sep 3rd 2014
Matadors Shutout Imperial Valley Sep 3rd 2014
Lady Matadors Blank Imperial Valley Sep 3rd 2014
Cid Camanse Stevens Named WSFL Offensive Player of the Week Sep 2nd 2014
Lady Matadors Trounce Glendale Sep 1st 2014
Glendale Shocks Matadors Late Sep 1st 2014
Breanna Silveira Wins ACCAC Goalkeeper of the Week Aug 26th 2014
AWC Bucks Broncos In Rematch Of El Toro Bowl Aug 23rd 2014

 

Next 10 entries »

Future Students | Current Students | Distance Education | Community Partners | AWC Foundation
About AWC | Admissions | Financial Aid | Online Services | Athletics | Student Life | Employment
 © 2014 Arizona Western College Disclaimers | EEOC | Site Map | Comments