Faculty members planning to teach via AWC's Interactive Television Network (ITN) are required to complete an eight-hour training workshop. This workshop is offered on a Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. during the fall semester and, if there is enough interest, again in the spring. Faculty wishing to learn more about teaching via ITN are also invited to participate in the training.
The all-day session focus on the practical "how to's" in teaching via ITN. Areas covered include:
- Planning a successful ITN class
- Using the pad camera, character generator, and other technology
- Developing a working lesson plan that serves as a guide for the technician
- Securing copyright clearance for AV materials
- Support for the development of handouts, graphics, and overlays
- Another important feature of the workshop is the presentation of mini-lessons by the participants. Participants receive positive feedback on their performance from fellow participants and workshop facilitators. They also receive a DVD of their lessons.
Faculty attending can use this workshop for eight hours of flex-time. Associate Faculty can apply this training to their stipend for the semester in which the training is taken.