Arizona Western College offers educational, career, and lifelong learning opportunities through innovative partnerships which enhance the lives of people in Yuma and La Paz counties.
Office Of Assessment and Program Review Mission Statement
The Office of Assessment and Program Review supports the College Vision by providing college-wide leadership in student assessment, program review, and the collection of the educational data. These informational services enhance the college's culture of evidence and assists administrators and faculty in data-driven decision making at all levels of the college. We are dedicated to accessibility, communication and innovation.
Learning Excellence Assessment Process (LEAP) Mission Statement
Arizona Western College Learning Excellence Assessment Process mission statement is to refine and implement a systematic and sustainable learning outcomes assessment system that demonstrates the ability of the college to provide instruction that equips students to fulfill the College's learning-centered values. (Approved by the 2007-2008 LEAP Committee on April 10, 2008)
- Arizona Western College graduates will demonstrate competency in communication, critical thinking, quantitative analysis, and technology applications.
- Arizona Western College graduates will demonstrate expertise in their selected fields of learning.
- Arizona Western College graduates will be able to interact, communicate, and work effectively with partners, teams, and networks.
- Arizona Western College graduates will be able to participate actively in the political, ethical, and aesthetic aspects of community life.
Statement of Purposes
- creates an environment for growth through impassioned teaching and learning that encourages higher orders of thinking and performance, advocates the free exchange of ideas and is responsive to changes in technology, delivery structures and markets;
- awards associate degrees and certificates to students who successfully complete programs of study and prepares students for work, for meeting personal goals or for transition into other studies;
- enhances the cultrual climate through visual and performing arts and offers physical and recreational development to the community;
- assists students to achieve sucess by providing support services, including academic advising, career counseling, financial direction, learning support and activities for student enrichment;
- establishes opportunities for lifelong learning through partnerships with public/private schools and collegs, universities, governmental agencies, and economic development organizations; and
- provides access to learning for students, staff, and community through environmentally safe and sound facilities and equipment.
Adopted by the AWC District Governing Board, June 12, 2007