Honors Program Admission Requirements
High School Applicants shall meet at least one of the following criteria:
· Ranked within the top ten per cent (10%) of graduating class.
· American College Test (ACT) score of at least 24, or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) score of at least 1575.
· An appropriate qualifying score on the AWC Placement Exam (Eligibility for ENG 101 – Freshman Composition or appropriate reading score and MAT 122 – Intermediate Algebra).
Continuing AWC student applicants must:
· Complete at least 12 college credit hours, in courses 100-level or above, with a GPA of at least 3.5.
Honors Application- honors_application_new_fillable.pdf
All applicants must submit the following application components: Deadline for Spring is March 14th 2013.
· Personal information sheet.
· Letter of Interest
· 500-1000 word essay describing academic and professional goals.
· High school and college transcripts.
· One letter of academic reference.
· One letter of character reference.
Exceptions to the application requirements may be allowed with the expressed permission of the Honors Director, subject to approval by the Honors Council. In rare circumstances, it is within the purview of the Honors Director to permit students showing extraordinary talent in a particular discipline or area of study to enter the program who otherwise would not meet the admission criteria above. Students who do not meet the published admission requirements, however, will enter the program on a provisional basis for a term of one semester. To remain in the Honors Program beyond that, the student must meet or exceed all Honors Program responsibilities detailed in this Handbook.