WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
Program Mission Statement: The Radiologic Technology program is a a comprehensive competency-based program of study that prepares students to sit for the National Registry Examination offered by the American Registry of Registered Technologists (ARRT) and allows successful students to graduate with expertise at the entry level in the field of diagnostic radiology. Students will be able to use critical thinking skills and the application of technology for the fullfillment of personal goals, for community-centered professional practice, or to be eligible for education and training in other specialized diagnostic imaging fields.
Program Goals: The Radiologic Technology Program of Arizona Western College serves its communities of interst and its students through meeting and maintaining the following goals:
Goal 1: Students will demonstrate competency at the entry level in the field of Radiologic Technology
Goal 2: Students will demonstrate the ability to use critical thinking skills.
Goal 3: Students will communicate effectively.
Goal 4: Students will apply technical concepts to clinical practice.
Goal 5: Students will display the positive affective behaviors of teamwork and professionalism.
Goal 6: The program will monitor its effectiveness
Student Learning Outcomes: After competion of clinical and academic courses, Radiologic Technology students will be able to:
1. Complete mandatory exams and elective exams
2. Demonstrate acceptable positioning skills
3. Adjust positioning strategies to suit patient's conditions
4. Use critical thinking skills to perform competency evaluations on non-routine exams.
5. Illustrate and explain patient care concepts using communication skills
6. Apply technical concepts to produce images of optimum quality
7. Access and archive radiographic studies using a computer
8. Determine the importance of involvement with professional associations.
9. Exhibit professional behaviors in the performance of thier clinical practice.