STEP-BY-STEP APPLICATION PROCESS
1. Contact the Radiologic Technology Office at (928) 344-7552 and ask to be placed on the Prospective Students List. Read the Prospective Student Information Packet online.
2. Read the current Student Guide and view the video(s) in About the Profession online.
3. Earn a CPT-R score of 80 or higher and complete all Prerequisite Courses with a 2.50 or higher by the fall semester prior to the application period.
4. Submit transcripts for evaluation for courses not taken at AWC.
a. A Request for Evaluation/Re-Evaluation of Credits must be submitted along with an official (sealed) transcript. Please contact Transfer Services by phone (928) 344-7638 or visit them in the 3C Building on Main Campus, or by mail: Arizona Western College, Attn: Transfer Services Office, PO Box 929, Yuma, AZ 85366.
b. An Application for Admission must be completed if (a) You are a new student to Arizona Western College or (b) You are a former AWC student and have not taken classes in the past 12 months. There is a separate application form that is required to apply for the Radiologic Technology Program (See #7 below).
5. View Mandatory Program Information video online and submit completed questionnaire with a score of 80 or above to email@example.com.
6. Order a Fingerprint Clearance Card (If you do not have a current* card, order Fall semester prior to applying).
a. If you have a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card, the original card must be submitted along with a completed Program application. Copies will be made by the Radiologic Technology Office.
b. If you do not have a Fingerprint Clearance Card, you will have to apply for one.
i. Fingerprint Clearance Card application packet & instructions are available OUTSIDE the Radiologic Technology Office (LR 224). Please note it will cost approximately $65 to order.
ii. Be advised that it can take anywhere from 4 – 8 weeks to receive your card from The Department of Public Safety. We will NOT accept Program applications without the card.
*A current card is one that will not expire before the end of the 2 year Program enrollment period
7. Submit a completed Program application to the Radiologic Technology Office.
a. Program applications are ONLY available at the Radiologic Technology Office (LR 224). Applications will be available mid January to the last Thursday in February.
b. CPT-R score, unofficial transcripts, and a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card must be submitted with Program application.
i. CPT-R score must be obtained from the Testing Services Office.
ii. Unofficial transcripts must be obtained from the Admissions and Registration Office; printouts from Web Advisor will NOT be accepted.
8. A testing permit to take the TEAS Exam will be issued by the Radiologic Technology Office after CPT-R and Pre-requisite GPA scores are verified. TEAS testing will be available mid January to the last Thursday in February. A study guide is available in the AWC Library Reserves Section or for purchase here.
9. Attend a 4-Hour observation at Yuma Regional Medical Center. Observations will be scheduled by the Radiologic Technology Office in March.
10. Sit for an interview with Program Faculty and Staff. Interviews will be scheduled by the Radiologic Technology Office in March.
11. Student Selection Process. Notifications of acceptance or declination will be mailed by the Radiologic Technology Office in April.
a. Please do not call with inquiries about selection.