borrowing from the library
- Must have a library card from from the Academic Library to check out materials.
- Apply for an Academic library card at the Circulation Desk.
- Books, audio books, or music CDs may be checked out for 3 weeks.
- Videos & DVDs may be checked out for 4 days.
- Books may be renewed once for an additional 3 weeks. Renewal of interlibrary loan materials require the approval of the Interlibrary Loan staff.
- Excessive fines and long-overdue books will jeopardize borrowing privileges.
Overdue and Lost Materials, Billing, and Other Charges
- The first overdue notice will be sent out two (2) weeks after the due date. A letter will be sent four (4) weeks after the due date to include mention of the student's record being blocked at the AWC Business Office.
- Failure to pay library fees will result in your account being turned over to a collection agency, which will include additional collection fees.
- Lost charges for missing items will equal the original list price of the book plus a processing fee of $10.00 for lost cataloged items, interlibrary loan items, as well as lost or damaged video, compact disc, or DVD cases. The cost for damaged materials is the cost of the item plus the appropriate fee or bindery/repair charge if the item is salvageable. Decision is at the discretion of the Circulation Manager.
- Refunds are allowed on lost material if it is returned within ninety (90) days, and the patron has a receipt. The AWC Business Office issues refunds if paid at the Business Office during regular business hours.
Overdue Fee Schedule
- Books - 15¢ per day not to exceed $2.10 at which time the patron's record is blocked at the AWC Business Office.
- Videos & DVDs - $1.00 per day.
- Reserve Items - $1.00 per day.